The Like Jesus Challenge
So, you’re wondering… what is this crazy challenge you are talking about girl? Maybe you aren’t; maybe you’re just trying to figure out how to get off this page. Since, you are, indeed, reading this, I am going to share a little about this challenge.
We as people, can sometimes act like total, well, humans. For me, I can catch myself with an attitude, getting a little angerier than I should, or getting jealous. And trust me when I say this, people will notice. Our ultimate goal is to look in the mirror and see Jesus. If there are parts that do not belong or do not look like Jesus, we need to cut it out of our lives. God wants us to be his masterpeice. There are so many things that God wants us to work on.
I’m going to name off a few things that God wants us to work on. If you see any of these in your life, then I want to challenge you to do this challenge with my friends and I.
Do any of these attitude related sins apply to you?
- Comparing ourselves to others
- Lying, cheating, and lust
- Anger, resentment, and unforgiveness
- Jealousy, bad attitude, and impatience
Now I’m sure at least one thing on that list is something that is floating around in your life, making circles around your heart. I know there is a lot more things I could have listed, so if you can think of something else that you struggle with, that is all the more reason to take on this challenge. I suppose I should tell you what the Like Jesus challenge is, huh?
I was needing an attitude adjustment
One day at work I was think of ways to fix my whole attitude (which involves quite a few things on that list). I needed a lot more than an attitude adjustment. I came across a picture online that was challenging people to go day by day to change how they look at themselves. One day may be looking in the mirror and saying 5 things you love about yourself, while another day may be to go outside and get active. It was a week long challenge with a new activity for you to complete everyday.
I loved the idea and it really got me thinking. After lots of thought and prayer, I came up with the ‘Like Jesus’ challenge. I started sending a challenge to my friends and posting on facebook about it for anyone that wanted to join me. All it is, is doing simple, short activites daily to help you in with any attitude related sins like I listed above. Some days are more challenging than others.
There are a few important things that you need to remember while taking this challenge
- You need to be reading God’s word and spending time with Him every single day because ultimatley, there is no amount of good deeds or attitude adjustment challenges you can do that will change your heart the way God can through His word. Reading the bible is a must with this challenge. If you are a christian, you should be doing this anyways. So if you are not, you need to start. (If you don’t know how or where to start, email me firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- I will most likly be posting one new challenge a week, rather than daily. So your job is to make sure you do that throughout the week. The goal at the end of this, is that you start doing the challenges on your own, naturally. You should just wake up and be like, I need to call my friend and pray for them. I should thank my mom for being awesome today. Today while I’m at work/school, If I think something mean about another person, I am going to think of 3 good things that I like about them. You should get to a place where you don’t need the challenge anymore because your heart is changing so much.
- Since I will only be posting one challenge a week, you can redo past challenges or make your own through out the week. You should be doing at least one a day. When all else fails, learn scripture, if you can’t find or thing of a challenge for that day.
- Email me if there is anything that you need!
Are you ready to take the Like Jesus Challenge?
Do you want to take this challenge? Lets have a heart and attitude change together so that we can make a difference for Christ. Changing your heart and attitude will help you in more areas of your life than one. It can help you in your relationship, in arguements, at work, in school, etc. So this will really help you in more ways than one. Take this Like Jesus challenge with me, I dare you. Even if you think your attitude and heart is in a good place, these challenges will help you in your walk as well. Good luck; I will be posting the first day very soon!